At Natural Rug Co, we are excited to support the growing trend of using natural and sustainable materials in the household. That’s why we just love our sustainable bamboo rugs. From our traditional styles that contain strips of bamboo to our bamboo ‘carpet’ rugs you’re sure to find something that will make your space perfect.
What Are The Environmental Benefits of Choosing Bamboo Rugs?
We’re glad you asked! There are so many! In addition to bamboo being a natural material that breaks down when it is discarded, bamboo has these eco-friendly advantages:
- Bamboo is a great substitute for tree wood in creating products, which helps reduce deforestation.
- It only takes two years to fully mature, making it more sustainable than using trees.
- Suppliers do not need to use pesticides or fertilizers when growing bamboo.
- Making traditional bamboo rugs doesn’t require complex processing or yield significant environmental waste. Nearly every part of the bamboo is used.
- Bamboo has some amazing lungs! Bamboo absorbs carbon dioxide and can create 35% more oxygen than an equivalent of trees!
Practical Advantages of Bamboo Rugs
Bamboo rugs are awesome for our planet! But that doesn’t mean you need to make a sacrifice on quality, design or experience vs traditional rugs. The bamboo rugs are Natural Rug Co will be a beautiful addition to your home or office. Some benefits of bamboo rugs that everyone can appreciate:
Although they are not completely fireproof, bamboo rugs are more resistant to fire than most materials because of their natural oils and structure, making them a great choice, even in the kitchen.
- Bamboo rugs are easy to care for and easy to clean!
- Since bamboo fibers are smooth, even the bamboo carpet holds much less allergens.
- Bamboo fibers are durable and last a long time.
- They come in a wide variety of patterns, colors, sizes and styles.
- Did you know bamboo fiber resists electron charges? That means less zaps!
How about another bamboo super-power? There is an antimicrobial agent in bamboo that repels insects and fungi, making it highly resistant to pests and mold.
Decorating With Bamboo Rugs
On our site you’ll find bamboo runners, accent rugs, area rugs, bamboo bathmats and other types just perfect in a wide variety of spaces. Whether you’re looking for a focal point, something to tie the room together, or a strictly-utilitarian function we have an option for you.
Can I put a Bamboo Rug Outside?
Sure you can. However keep in mind most bamboo rugs are not to be considered traditional outdoor rugs. Bamboo rugs can handle changes in temperature and humidity quite well. However they’re not meant to be left in an uncovered area. Do you have a gazebo? Check. How about a 3 season room? Check.
Will Bamboo Fade?
Sure will! As will most things left in direct sunlight. This doesn’t change the function or quality at all, and many of our customers own bamboo rugs that have been in sunny spots for years. They certainly don’t lose all their color, it’s just something to keep in mind. Want a pro tip? If your bamboo rug is placed in a location that gets partial or full direct sun exposure for more than an hour or two every day, simply rotate it every so often! That way your bamboo rug is sure to stay even.
How To Clean Bamboo Rugs
Fortunately, bamboo is a low-maintenance material. To prevent dirt buildup, regularly shake out the rug gently. Also, wipe up any spills immediately. Dab at them with a damp cloth or paper towel. Do not use chemicals! If the rug is too large to shake out, simply use a vacuum on a hardwood setting to avoid potential scraping from the vacuum's bar. If you want more tips, check out our natural rug care and cleaning page.
Natural Rug Co is a family owned business providing affordable, high-quality bamboo rugs that are carefully selected from factory partners and come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.