Create your own interior retreat with this organically inspired jute area rug. This piece is sustainably sourced and ethically made by artisans in India. Experts hand-spin jute fiber and then use it to create these intricate handloom-woven rugs, which means your rug supports makers across the globe while adding style to your home. This natural fiber rug is incredibly hardwearing and non-absorbent, making it ideal for entryways, dining areas, living rooms, and more. Place your low-profile rug in high-traffic areas to protect your floors safely without having to worry about tripping, slipping, or readjusting.
- Material: 100% Jute
- Color: Gray
- Construction: Handloom-Woven
- Floor Protection: Rug Pad Recommended
- Hand-loom woven by skilled artisans, demonstrating superior quality, craftsmanship, and durability.
- Hand woven pile made of ethically sourced, 2-ply jute, woven with a boucle knot and tucked ends.
- Jute fibers have insulating and moisture-regulating properties, making your room naturally more comfortable, and while jute can be course and rough at first, it will soften considerably over time.
- The cool, neutral gray color fits almost any decor.
- This rug is GoodWeave-certified, which means you're not only making the world more beautiful by buying an artisanal product you're making the world better by helping to end child labor and supporting fair working conditions.
- Vacuum regularly with suction only - a beater bar/brush is not recommended.
- Blot liquid spills immediately by pressing a clean, undyed cloth into the spill to absorb as much as possible.
- Spot-clean using a solution of mild dish soap and water, first testing the solution in a small, inconspicuous area of the rug to be sure there is no discoloration.
- If you get a solid (e.g. chocolate bar, melted cheese) on the rug, use the dull edge of a knife to scrape as much of the solid up as possible and then follow provided spot cleaning instructions.